Micro-/Nano-electro-mechanical System (MEMS/NEMS), nanolithography, nano-structured thin-film solar cells, nano-scale sensors and actuators, low-dimensional quantum materials and integration, energy harvesting, MEMS/NEMS based biomedical novel devices.
Professor Lu’s research focuses on nanotechnology, including micro/nano-electro-mechanical sensors and actuators, nano-scale energy conversion devices, biomedical devices, novel low-dimensional quantum materials and their integration, etc. He is looking for highly motivated PhD, Masters and Bachelor students who are majoring in applied physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry, materials science engineering, biomedical engineering, or other closely related areas to join his research team.
Professor Lu received his PhD degree from the Cornell University School of Electrical and Computer Engineering in 2012. He holds a BSc degree from the Department of Applied Physics at University of Science and Technology of China. In 2013, he joined ANU as a Research Fellow and lecturer under the Future Engineering Research Leadership Fellowship.
Activities & Awards
- 2020 Young Innovator Award from Springer Publishing Group
- 2019 Future Leader Fellowship and Paul Korner Innovation Award from National Heart Foundation of Australia
- 2018 Outstanding Supervisor Award for 3MT (3 minutes thesis) Competition from Australian National University
- 2016 ACT Young Tall Poppy
- 2015 ANU Media and Outreach Award
- 2014 Discovery Early Career Research Award (DECRA) from the Australian Research Council (ARC)
- 2013 ANU Future Engineering Research Leadership Fellow
- 2012 Materials Research Society Graduate Student Award (Silver)
- 2012 Best Poster Award from the Cornell NanoScale Facility Annual Meeting
- 2012 Daisy Yen Wu Scholarship from Cornell University
- 2010 Chinese Government Award for outstanding PhD students
- 2003 Guo Moruo Presidential Award from the University of Science and Technology of China
Professor Lu serves as a reviewer for several journals, including Nature Communications, Light: Science and Applications, Advanced Materials, ACS Nano, Small, Applied Physics Letters, Nanotechnology, Optics Express, Optics Letters, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, etc. He serves as an associate editor for the Nature publishing group journal Scientific Reports.