Solar cells, solar fuels, energy storage, highly efficient and reliable silicon/perovskite tandem solar cells, low cost solar hydrogen.
Dr Shen’s research interests include solar cells, solar fuels and energy storage. At ANU, she co-leads a team focusing on Si/perovskite tandem solar cell research, involving four other postdoc researchers, one PhD candidate and one Masters student.
Dr Shen welcomes expressions of interest from talented and highly motivated graduate students to join her team. Interested candidates with a background in science/engineering (Chemistry Physics, Material, or related disciplines) should contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) including a 2-page resume (pdf) and a short description (< 300 words) of research they would be interested in undertaking.
Dr Shen is a senior research fellow working in the Research School of Engineering at the Australian National University. She completed her PhD at Tsinghua University in Materials Science and Engineering in 2014. In 2012, she was a visiting Scholar in Weizmann Institute of Science. Dr. Shen has published 80 peer-reviewed journal publications (more than 3800 citations as of January 2022). Many of these are published in high impact factor (20+) journals (including Science, Nature, Science Advance, Energy Environment Science, Advanced Energy Materials).
Activities & Awards
Dr Shen’s work on solar fuels was selected as one of the top 10 innovations by the Innovation for Cool Earth Forum (ICEF) hosted by the government of Japan in 2020. She was shortlisted in the “2021 L’Oréal-UNESCO Australia & New Zealand for Women in Science Fellowship”. She has been awarded a total grant funding of >AUD15M. She collaborates extensively with industry and universities in Australia and overseas.
- 2021: Chief investigator, “UHV Kelvin Probe with Ambient-Pressure Photoemission Spectroscopy”, ACAP, AUD: 423k
- 2020: Lead chief investigator, “Monolithic Si/perovskite tandem solar cell: advanced designs towards high-efficiency at low-cost.” ARENA, AUD: 1.13 million (co-lead with Kylie Catchpole)
- 2020: Chief investigator, “Development of all thin-film PERovskite on CIS TANDem photovoltaics”, European Commission, Euro: ~5.0 million
- 2019: Chief investigator, “In situ fabrication of polymer/perovskite composite materials by photopolymerisation”, Global Research Partnership Scheme, AUD: 40k
- 2019: Lead chief investigator, “Development of upscaling technology for monolithic Si/perovskite tandem photovoltaics”, ACAP collaboration grant, AUD: 60k
- 2018: Lead chief investigator, “Develop low-temperature (LT) processed selective contact materials for highly efficient and stable perovskite solar cells (PSC) and perovskite tandem devices”, AUD: 24k
- 2017: Lead chief investigator, “Multiscale in modelling and validation for solar photovoltaics”, ANU-COST Actions European Travel Grant Scheme, AUD: 6.96k