· Thermodynamics and heat/mass transfer modelling (analytical and numerical)
· Computational Multiphase Fluid Mechanics
· Finite Element Modelling
· Experimental Fluid Mechanics and Heat transfer
Current student projects
Potential student projects
1. Apurv Kumar, Jin-Soo Kim, “Novel solid particle receiver”, 2016, patent pending in collaboration with Sandia Labs, USA.
1. Kumar, A., Jin-Soo Kim, 2016. How does radiation attenuate in particle cloud in free fall particle receivers?. Applied Mathematical modelling (Under review)
2. Kumar, A., Das, S., Fabijanic, D., Gao, W., Hodgson, P., 2013. Bubble–wall interaction for asymmetric injection of jets in solid–gas fluidized bed. Chemical Engineering Science 101, 56-68.
3. Kumar, A., Hodgson, P., Fabijanic, D., Gao, W., 2012. Numerical solution of gas–solid flow in fluidised bed at sub-atmospheric pressures. Advanced Powder Technology 23, 485-492.
4. Kumar, A., Hodgson, P., Gao, W., Das, S., Fabijanic, D., 2014. Investigating the effect of segregation of particles and pressure gradient on the quality of fluidisation at sub-atmospheric pressures. Powder Technology 254, 137-149.
5. Kumar, A., Hodgson, P., Gao, W., Das, S., Fabijanic, D., 2014. Analytical model to locate the fluidisation interface in a solid- gas vacuum fluidised bed, Powder technology, 266, 463-474.
- Postdoctoral fellow
Energy Flagship, Newcastle, CSIRO
January 2015-June 2016
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering
Thesis: Investigations into hydrodynamics and heat transfer in vacuum fluidised beds