This discussion panel is a unique opportunity to discover new tools to power your teaching philosophy and to stimulate active learning. You will better understand when to use them or when not to use them. The panel will draw from both their successes and challenges of using mobile, snackable and gamified contents within their course or in a teaching context.
About the workshop
The information provided through the discussion panel will enable you to:
- Discover some of the tools used by your peers to stimulate active learning
- Learn when to use them and when not to use them
- Determine how best to gradually transform you course with these tools
- Learn from experienced educators
You will hear from:
- Dr Kerstin Overpieler, thought leader in gamification and executive design manage at ThinkPlace
Associate Professor Beth Beckmann PFHEA, Associate Dean (Staff Development & Technology-Enhanced Learning), ANU Joint Colleges of Science; Convenor, ANU Academic Professional Development Program, CHELT
- Dr John Debs, ANU College of Science
- Dr Uwe Zimmer, Research School of Computer Science
- Dr Chris Brown, Research School of Engineering
Who should attend?
The workshop is open to ANU staff or ANU HDR students who may be interested in new tools to power their teaching philosophy.
To register, RSVP online by Friday 15 September.